Sunday, September 16, 2012

GUEST BLOGGER; Mike Johnson

While Jill is in out of town with the kids I have taken it upon myself to update the blog and give everyone a small fix while we wait patiently for Jill's next update.


Last week I was in Guam.  It was beautiful, tropic island, sandy beaches, crystal clear water, and fish everywhere (at least in the water). 


Getting to Guam was a real trek; 14 hours in two airplanes and a 3 hour layover in Tokyo.  This was my third weekend in a row in that I spend in the Tokyo airport.  They had these cool sitting areas, I knew Dri would love them.  Very modern.



I spent the majority of my time working, I guess that's why I was out there, but we did manage to see the entire island a few times. Guam is only 30 miles by 6 miles. What would you do on an island that small?


My hotel was right on the water, literary, there were stairs that went right into the water.  So I went snorkeling almost every evening and saw plenty of fish.  One evening I was determined to take some photos of the fish.  I went to my room and wrapped the camera in a ziplock bag.  That didn't work so then I tried a bread bag; that didn't work either.  I guess it's better to just talk about the cool fish then to break the camera.

Saturday I made it to Fish Eye Marine Park and snorkeled there.  The middle of the tower area is 35-40 feet deep.  You could easily see the bottom from the surface.  There were fish everywhere and next time I'm bringing a underwater camera.


I drew a little something in the sand so the kids would know I'm thinking about them.
I've had a lot of traveling during the last few months and I've missed Jill and the kids.  I'm excited for the next few months where my travel load will be light and I get to spend more time at home.  

2 comments:

  1. i really love the update...and the tokyo furniture! When do i get to see you guys? Thurs?

    ReplyDelete
  2. 3rd weekend in a row in the Tokyo airport?! How do you ever recover from jet lag?

    ReplyDelete