Sunday, January 20, 2013

January 20, 2013 Funeral for Schuyler and Wanderings...

 Beka and Finn kicking it at our place.


Does it get cuter than Finn hanging out in a T-shirt underwear and buzz boots?


We had a beautiful funeral for Schuyler.  Mike and our Bishop talked. We sang scatter sunshine because when I held Schuyler I could not help but think of that song, she was like holding sunshine.  The kids and their friends sang "I am a child of god" and then finally we sang "Families can be together forever."  We showed the complete and edited video that I posted last week.

While we were watching the movie at the funeral Chloe commented on the picture of Schuyler in an incubator. Chloe asked "Is that Schuyler in a fish tank?"

I was getting Rex ready for the funeral and I told him that I had a new outfit for him to wear.  He could pick what ever underwear he wanted but he was going to wear his new outfit. The end result was Rex wearing 4 pair of underwear...and the smallest old pair was the last one on.  It looked uncomfortable but he sported the look all day and didn't complain about his new outfit.

After the funeral Chloe said "the party's over now give me some flowers!"  What?  I don't know where she comes from.

We hung out at our house after the funeral Chloe made everyone sit down for her performance.  Her favorite was Vivian, who was renamed Tangled. When she was leaving Chloe begged "I love your hair please don't leave!"  Chloe literally had her arm wrapped in Vivian's hair


Then we took a trip to Utah for the graveside.
The Simmons parents let us crash with them on our way down...in Nampa.  I love this water tower.


Car ride

Playing with cousins








 Snow!



Seriously cute Taylor is 8 months now.


Snake
"The snakes skin is like jelly"
-Chloe


Utah is so beautiful





 Schuyler is in the most beautiful spot in the Provo Cemetery 


 We had food and visited after the freezing graveside


 Nanna reading


 This will be Schuylers headstone



 Hanging out with the Johnsons


Then after being in Utah we went on our wanderings...


We drove to Reno and the kids got to go swimming.


 Walking in the panhandle park in San Francisco


 The catwalk at Chloe's house



 Chloe-Chloe


 Dan.  
We spent my Birthday in San Francisco and Dan accompanied while everyone else sang the traditional happy birthday to a nontraditional tune...It was awesome.



 Does it get to be a better day in San Francisco?  Not in January.
The bay bridge


 The golden gate bridge




It feels like we live on the 101 now which is cool because it is beautiful.

 We made out way to the red woods.



 and drove through this huge tree


The inside of the tree we drove through



This is Rex pointing saying "trees"


We finally got out of the car and got to stretch our legs.  Rex was so happy.


The Humbolt wildlife preserve:


counting the ducks



 Rex being an airplane, it is sometimes the only way we can get him to walk


The deer staring at us.

3 comments:

  1. No snow in the sequias? I'm kind of surprised. I can't believe how big Taylor is and she is so cute. Would you guys hurry up and come home, well i guess go have fun. If you go the other direction on the 101 you could go through my home town! One day when both guys are gone lets take a road trip. ok great

    ReplyDelete
  2. Schuyler's head stone is beautiful. I started crying all over again. I miss her already but I'm glad she will rest in a beautiful place visited by loved ones for years to come. And from now on our trips to Provo will include a stop by her precious grave site.

    Your Wondering look wonderful. Will you be stopping by Creator Lake? I used to live a hour from there and I have a ton of good memories there. Hey my old house was turned into a bed and Breakfast. If you plan on stopping By Creator lake it will be worth it. I miss you guys. Enjoy your time away but know we are excited to have you home again soon. and if you are curious here is a link to more info on my old house (AKA the bed and Breakfast) http://www.oregontravels.com/chiloquin/raginranch/index.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a jam packed post! Looks like a fun trip. I love your big smile Jill. You have such a cute family.

    ReplyDelete