Sunday, September 9, 2018

September 9, 2018 Castle burning, climbing, castle camping, church trama.

 Bernkastel-Kues wine festival. It is amazing and has the best firework experience I have ever had.


 We found yummy grape juice.



 Everyone enjoyed the grape juice.

 Really we just look like we like wine.







 We hung out until dark and the fireworks started.


They were awesome.

They recreate a battle where it looks like the castle is burning.  It is awesome.


It was a fun night as a family.

We hung out with Megan and Lilly and a bee came to visit us.  Lilly got upset when Megan ditched her to save herself, then Megan felt bad.

Ike is getting so big.


Mike and Chloe went to the ropes course again.




Manderscheid Castle. 
We camped here as a ward activity.  We rent the castle, pitch a tent, hike around, talk, and eat.

Everyone has fun.


 It is fun to camp in a crumbly castle and hike around.


Leaving camping I got a text asking if I could bring some pies to the stake confrence adult scession.  I agreed.  Getting home I put the crust in the pan. Opened the second to last bottle of homemade apple pie filling from Washignton. Then I open the second and dumped it in.  Smelling it I quickly relzed it was bad and thew the whole thing out.  

I ran to the store to grab two of my favorte cakes to bring instead.  I came home got everything ready our kids and the Horner kids fed.  We ran out the door.  After getting to church I realized I left the cakes at home on the counter.

Mike and I walked to the store near the church to grab two more cakes.  They didn't have the kid I likes so we grabbed a cherry chocolate cake instead.  Getting back to the church our friend told us that those cakes had alcholo in them.  I at this point gave up.  The adults of our stake were just going to have to tough it out with two less treats.  

Mike put them in the freezer and we listened to stake conference.  Laughing about it with friends.  Aubrey and I went to dinner, Mike went to go enjoy the treats others brought.  Sitting down to dinner I get a text with the picture below:
Mike informed me that some good Samaritan took our cakes out of the freezer and fed our booze cake to people anyway.  So that happened.

1 comment:

  1. We're ready for you to move back. James was just saying the other day it's time for the Johnson's to move to OREGON. We'll help you can more apple pie filling. ;-) I love seeing all you awesome adventures.

    ReplyDelete