Sunday, March 9, 2014

March 9, 2014 epic week, bike, frog, rex's birthday

 P week at preschool they were pirates and princesses for the pajama party.

Chloe and Rex are pretending to talk on the phone and Rex comes up with his first fictitious name for himself "Hello, I'm Roderick Puzzle."
 Hanging out at the zoo.  It is awesome you can see Rex in the reflection of the glass.


Big zoo crew.

 This may not seem like a big deal to some, but Rex is very set in his ways.  For years now on the carousel he would only ride the sleigh.  He recently has branched out to the little zebra, well he rode the FROG!  It was cute he kept saying rib-bit the whole time.


This week driving in the car we had a friend, rex and chloe.  Chloe begins, ok I am the mom, Charlotte you are 10, and Rex you're 3.
Rex cheers, "I match"
Chloe then directs, "No rex! You're 1!"
There is a pause and I am thinking how bad is he going to tell her off?  Rex then blurts, "Goo-goo."
Chloe learned to ride her bike this week.


Random thoughts from Rex:  I want to ride in a limousine because they're fun and they're long, long, long cars.
 Rex turned 4.


 Angry bird birthday

Boxes, shrinkidinks, and a hunt for the pig pinata.

 Italian soda afternoon

The kids instead of taking a nap made a parade with the cars.  They even made floats.

 Rex wanted an owl jewelry box for his birthday. Unfortunately we couldn't find one with two dancing owls like he dreamed, but this will have to do.

Trying on rex's poncho towel.
 
After the party Chloe has decided what she is going to do for the next three years for her birthday.
When I'm seven I am going to have a frozen birthday.
When I'm eight I'm going to have a hero birthday.
When I'm nine I am going to have a Jeusus birthday.

Mike asks, "so what do you at a Jesus birthday? Be holy?"
Then I add, "Yeah, do you help others or what?"
Chloe says, "well you do help others and then we'll have a pinata with a cross and Jesus on it; and we'll all get bats and hit it."

Insert awkward silence here.

"Dad, I am frustrated with you for not wiping my bum."
-rex 
(let's not mention mom stopped wiping his bum almost a year ago, but sometimes there is comfort in getting people to do thing we can do for ourselves.)

1 comment:

  1. after all those pictures i took at that party you didn't post one?? sad

    ReplyDelete