Sunday, March 24, 2013

March 24, 2013 and then I ran away.

 Still quilting...

Chloe pretending

Rex has been growing.  He ate six bowls of cereal for breakfast this particular morning. The worst was, he had rice krispies stuck in his snot.

It is subtly funny to watch Rex watch TV.

 I like the snake alphabet instead of the traditional right to left.

Chloe is brave

At the pool

 Kade was miffed.



 Rex miffed.  He didn't want to get dressed.  This was at his darkest moment this morning.


 We saw a rainbow.  Chloe spotted it first.  It was a perfect setup for our cloud/wind and water cycle preschool





 Rex drawing

We have had a few bad days:
 Rex put his peanut butter and honey sandwich in the microwave for an unknown amount of time.  Rex came to get me while Chloe and I were vacuuming.  He was very adamant he needed help.  I reluctantly followed.  As we were walking he was complaining that his "sandwich was black."  I found the above sandwich inside the microwave door open and a plume of smoke filling the kitchen and adjacent rooms.  I quickly took the plate outside but went into get the rest of the plate off the glass in the microwave hoping I could save it.  After a long clean it is apparent we are not saving the microwave.
 Everywhere the sandwich touched it melted into the plate.


 The next morning we found someone broke the window to mikes car. Wa-wa.  After we found out.  Chloe came running in and exclaimed,  "Mommy, Mommy, Crime broke Daddy's window and then it ran away!" 
Thanks to a good recommendation we got it fixed quickly and I dumped my kids and I ran away to Portland.

 Here are the spires to the Portland temple. They have a cool atrium and you can see the spires.  It made me think of Murrie who was sealed here. I met my friend Kiera and we talked and had dinner and then...
 We had Voo-Doo Doughnuts.  It was Yummy and we tried almost every kind. We also went to Powell Books it's a crazy, amazing, huge used book store. It was a much needed escape, but we are healing from the crazy week.


 Friends


 We have been playing so much these two tuckered out on our way to Seattle for Dri to watch them and Mike and I to go to the temple. When we left Dri's Rex kept crying that he wanted to go back.

We adopted this tree at the orchard park down the street from our house with some friends.  This was a pruning morning.

Rex was jazzed

 Chloe was jazzed.



 The chicks are growing  Here is Sun, Moon, and Chocolate.

"Did you know that all the bad guys aren't in jail?  They are hiding where the police can't find them; in bad guy land." -Chloe

4 comments:

  1. Still so bummed I didn't get to go to Portland! and the chicks are getting huge! we need to hang out. and love the pool pics I love our pool time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had our car broken in to in Logan and it was a horrible feeling! I am amazed Rex knows how to use the microwave. My kids have actually not gone there.....yet. I LOVED the video of Chloe imagining. That is priceless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Next time you go swimming with Jamie and you want extra people call me, I want to come with you guys. That looks like so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rex is a wonderful artist! I am in love with your blog. Also man go Chloe with the chickens.

    ReplyDelete